In which Rachel rediscovers art and smiles a lot more Sun, Nov 17, 2019, 9:44 PM


 Dear family and friends

This week was much better and I feel overall happier and less anxious. Since we last visited I have had a few really good things happen. First, off classes are still going good and I am still getting As. Thus far my classes have been *looks around to make sure no one is listening* pretty easy.


I also spotted my sweet kitten friend but alas, he ran away from me. someday...
I also have started enjoying my art again and really seeing the beauty in the world around me. When I go through particularly difficult bouts with my mental illness I stop enjoying artistic endeavors and kinda stop noticing colors or beautiful flowers or anything really. For someone who usually is star-struck on a regular basis by the most basic beauties and colors of life, it's very upsetting to feel like life is gray. But this week I feel like I turned a corner. I've started painting again with real feeling and excitement and just today was mesmerized by the sunset and all the colors. I read somewhere that when artists die God lets them paint the sky. That's what this sunset looked like.

Anyway Rachel artistic rambling

aside I also got to go Christmas decoration shopping with my roommates. It was a blast and our dorm looks so alive and happy. I also decorated my room and just generally tried to bring in some Christmas cheer.

As my quick end of email testimony, I know that difficulty is a part of life and that we will all have dark times. Despite or perhaps because of this, God has given us a wonderful world. As much as many aspects fo this life must be endured I believe God wishes us to enjoy and find joy in the life he gave us. Just because stuff is hard and we feel alone does not mean life does not have small simple beauties to offer us. I love you all and hope that my weekly testimony rambling brings you a small bit of comfort.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The come back Sun, Nov 10, 2019, 6:36 PM

Rachel's first week as an kinda adult 9/1/2019