Testing, papers, and road trips Sun, Oct 20, 2019, 3:59 PM

 So this week was pretty great. To start off this week was fall break so I had a four day weekend. Luckily, my siblings had the exact same weekend so my parents had us go on a road trip to see several of Utah's national and state parks.

Before I could go on the trip I had to finish a lot of school work. This week I took two tests and wrote a paper. The first test was math. I did a good job I think but I did lose a piece of my soul while completing it. Worth the trade? If I get straight A's this semester then I guess so. I also took an anatomy test which I got a 94 on and wrote a paper on GMOs. 

Finally, after doing all those in the three days before the trip I packed my stuff and got in a car with my 30 siblings and we went on a road trip. It was so good. First, we went to Zions which was so beautiful and kinda freakish. It's one of those places you have to see to believe. We did not do as much hiking as I would have liked but we went got to drive around and see the sheer towering cliffs that look like some clumsy prehistoric painter spilled paint down its walls.
Then we went to pink curl sand dunes. I ran around and climbed several dunes and felt like an ancient Egyptian princess lost in the desert. We also got to use sleds to go down the dunes even though none of us were very good at it.

Lastly, we went to Bryce Canyon and went to goblin valley at like 9 pm. Bryce Canyon was beautiful and very high up. I got some serious vertigo for a bit. Goblin valley was ok except it was 9 pm, pitch-black, and there was only one other empty car in the parking lot. Not wanting to be the victim of one of the goblins or the owner of the said empty car we quickly left. We did pull over long enough to stare up at the stars for a bit and that was beautiful. After that, we took the four-hour drive back home. We had to go over a snowy mountain pass and dad almost fell asleep like six times but we did make it home by about 2:30 am. 

For a quick testimony, god has built such a beautiful world for his children. He could have just made a world that was functional but he gave it color and variety and he gave us the eyes to see it. This life and this world are a blessing even on its hardest and darkest days.

Love ya'll

Rachel


The dear little friend I made on our first night


Look at those cliffs!!!


Zion's beautiful scenery 


The top of one of the dunes I climbed 


Me smiling and keeping my back to the drop so I don't get sick


The amazing arch at Bryce Canyon 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In which Rachel rediscovers art and smiles a lot more Sun, Nov 17, 2019, 9:44 PM

The come back Sun, Nov 10, 2019, 6:36 PM

Rachel's first week as an kinda adult 9/1/2019